Re: [exim] One of my boxes can't send mail

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] One of my boxes can't send mail
Michael Sullivan wrote:

*snip*

> Here's another transaction that theoretically

Back out of that for a mo.

- Clear your /etc/hosts of anything to do with you own domain(s)

- Shut down any local DNS you might be running.

- Review what similar info might be in your ~/configure file & comment it out
temporarily.

The interim goal here is to put Exim (and your OS) purely at the mercy of what
is published in DNS exernal to your environment.

Now see what your 'host <whatever>, dig <whatever>, and *Exim* can find from
those external, public, DNS - i.e. - not under your local control.

The 'public' DNS records that are propagated globally are the ones that matter most.

'Local' entries have specialized use but may just obfuscate the problem until
the public ones are put right.

Separately, suggest turning 'sender verify' OFF in favor of 'require verify =
recipient' (only) - at least until the DNS issue is fully sorted.

Otherwise, any correspondent unable to accurately ID your server from DNS
records is likely to be a tad ummhh 'uncooperative'. So, too *your own* server!

What DNS records should look like, and where they should be entered is well
explained elsewhere - not here. Google it.

HTH,

Bill