Re: [exim] DNS list lookup defer (probably timeout)

Author: exim users
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] DNS list lookup defer (probably timeout)
On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 06:12 +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
> 'Old school' as you put it, alias expansion - MLM or other - can indeed screw
> several breeds of pooch - rewriting or not.
>
> But this need not be a dominant factor w/r choosing how best to handle
> multiple-recipient bounces.

of course it is -- valid e-mail should be accepted. we can't invent our
own rules and still have a hope of interoperability. the RFCs are the
foundation and the reason we can communicate today. if we start
screwing with them, our e-mail will soon be as "reliable" as Hotmail's.

> Better to fix the problematic aliasing than forego a useful problem-solver.

it's not (necessarily) happening on your server, so you can't fix it.

--
Kjetil T.