Re: [exim] DNS list lookup defer (probably timeout)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: exim users
Para: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Tópicos Novos: Re: [exim] *Suspect* Re: DNS list lookup defer (probably timeout)
Assunto: Re: [exim] DNS list lookup defer (probably timeout)
On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 21:20 +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
> Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
> > system A: your system, accounts alice and bob.
> > system B: hosts a mailing list administered by alice and bob
> > system C: hosts charlie which is member of the mailing list
> >
> > if both Alice and Bob are administrators for the mailing list, they may
> > receive a bounce from the mailing list host when mail to charlie bounces
> > (full quota, left company, etc).
> >
> > since it's the same bounce, system B is allowed to send the two copies
> > of the bounce in the same transaction to system A.
>
> "Tilt"
>
> With all due respect, MLM-triggered 'bounces' are a special case, and nearly
> always addressed differently than 'vanilla' bounces to 'postmaster'.

did I mention the special case of "postmaster"? obviously *you* control
how the postmaster address is used, and I don't think it is unreasonable
to reject bounces (ie. from <>) to postmaster if the postmaster address
is never used as sender. I'm explaining that you can not reject bounces
to multiple recipients *in general*.

--
Kjetil T.