Re: [exim] TLS: Base64 decoding error

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rory Campbell-Lange
A: Mike Cardwell
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] TLS: Base64 decoding error
Hi Mike

On 13/05/07, Mike Cardwell (exim-users@???) wrote:
> Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
>
> > I am having trouble setting up a commercial security certificate under Debian
> > testing, using Exim 4.63. Exim is reporting a Base64 decoding error.
> >
> > The keys and certificates are working for other applications on the server. I
> > presume the difficulties I am having stem from Debian's use of GnuTLS.
>
> I gave up trying to fix problems with gnutls and exim under Debian and
> just started compiling my own debian packages against openssl. It's not
> as difficult as you might think:

Well this is certainly an option. I'm wary of doing it because we run
lots of Exim hosts; and I'm worried about stepping away from the
officially supported packages.

Thanks, though, for your very clear instructions for building our own
packages.

> I also tend to "rm -rf /etc/exim4/*;vi /etc/exim4/exim4.conf" on Debian
> boxes too but that's an entirely different issue.

One can continue to use the Debian configuration scheme (and peruse with
interest the acl updates for instance, each time these are updated by
the package maintainers) by simply writing a verbatim configuration file
in /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template.

Kind regards,
Rory

--