[exim] Literal '.' in local part of an email address is caus…

Author: Arnold Levy
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Literal '.' in local part of an email address is causing exim to fail sending that email.
Exim works great, but there seems to be an anomaly:

The question I have is how to get exim to send mail to an email
address such as mine - arnold.levy@??? where there is a '.'
in the email address before the '@' in the email address - this *is*
a valid email address. It appears that exim is doing something with
the '.' instead of interpreting it as a literal.

I would like the command line switch to turn off the interpretation of
'.' in the local part of an email address and to effectively make exim
treat the '.' in the local part as a literal. I am currently using -t switch
to allow me to provide the To: and From: email addresses in the mail
headers.

I use exim to send messages successfully to email addresses that do
not have a literal '.' in the local part of an email address.

I look forward to any help in this regard.

Arnold :)