Re: [exim] Need help integrating spamassassin

Author: Chris Lear
To: Michael Sullivan, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Need help integrating spamassassin
* Michael Sullivan wrote (14/05/07 17:44):
> First off, let me apologize for asking this question. If I was better
> at RTFM I'm sure I wouldn't have to ask this here. That, and you all
> probably get asked this question all the time. Can anyone point me to a
> friendly, easy-to-understand guide for integrating spamassassin with
> exim? Here's my info:
>
> Gentoo system running kernel 2.6.19-gentoo-r5 SMP
>
> baby ~ # emerge -pv spamassassin exim

> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild R ] mail-filter/spamassassin-3.1.8-r1 USE="berkdb doc mysql
> ssl -ipv6 -ldap -postgres -qmail -sqlite -tools" 980 kB
> [ebuild R ] mail-mta/exim-4.67 USE="exiscan exiscan-acl ldap mysql
> pam perl sasl ssl tcpd -X -dnsdb -domainkeys -dovecot-sasl -gnutls -ipv6
> -lmtp -mailwrapper -mbox -mbx -nis -postgres -radius -spf -sqlite -srs
> -syslog" 0 kB
>
> Please help!

This should help with Gentoo-specific things:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/Mail_Server_based_on_Exim_and_Courier-imap

Particularly this bit:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/Mail_Server_based_on_Exim_and_Courier-imap#Spam_filtering_and_virus_scanning

And this for more info if you want to actually know what's going on:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch41.html#SECTscanspamass

Chris