Re: [exim] mysql and exim configuration

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Wolfgang Hennerbichler
To: Drav Sloan
CC: exim-users, A. Bal
Betreff: Re: [exim] mysql and exim configuration

On 11.05.2007, at 10:54, Drav Sloan wrote:

> I don't know if anyone has done a "mysql mailstore" exim, and
> personally I believe that it's a "bad idea" [tm].

I think it also depends on the amout of users you want to store mail
for. A db-file with 200 Gigabytes is probably not fun. There are
solutions (e. g. Cyrus) which may be able to do much more than dbmail
can, less complex, and not dependent on a db for mailstore.
I don't see much advantage in storing mail data in a database, other
than migrating to another mailstore one day might become highly
complicated.

wogri

--
wogri@???