[exim] Moving mail providers

Author: Vincent Danen
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Moving mail providers
I have a quick question; I have no idea how easy or hard this might be
but I haven't found anything via google.

For the last few years I've been running my own exim server but now I'm
moving a bunch of domains to one of those domain hosting outfits (they
use exim too, which is nice).

The problem is I have some users who use imap, so I have mail of theirs
sitting here in maildirs. How can I "reinject" those mails to the local
exim and have it deliver to the new server? I know I need to remove
them from the list of domains to deliver for locally, so if I can
reinject them, they'll get delivered to the remote site. Is there a way
I can just toss those messages to exim? I tried using "cat [file] |
mail user@???" and it sends the file, but the entire file is the
message contents, not the actual message itself.

It's ok if the message shows up as new again on the new host, but other
than that it needs to remain largely intact.

Thanks for any pointers. Sorry if this is a pretty dumb question.

--
Vincent Danen @ http://linsec.ca/