Re: [exim] Script to check all known dns blacklists?

Author: Renaud Allard
To: exim-users, msherman
Subject: Re: [exim] Script to check all known dns blacklists?

Marc Sherman wrote:
> (Please respect my Reply-To:, Renaud.)
>
> Renaud Allard wrote:
>> And something like:
>> lynx -dump \
>> "http://www.mob.net/~ted/tools/rbl.php3?domain=64.193.62.232&Look+up=Look+up"
>> \| grep BLOCKED | grep :
>>
>> Would probably be seen as an abuse :)
>
> Yeah, I'd imagine it would be. It's an idea, though.
>
>> On www.dnsstuff.com, there is quite an up to date list of blacklists. It
>> could be interesting to have a script fetch the list (and only the list)
>> there from time to time, then do the DNS lookups.
>
> Where's the list? I've only been able to find the interactive tool there.

Here is one I quickly set up: http://www.llorien.org/blacklists.txt
It is automatically regenerated every day at 0 AM (GMT+2) from the lists
at dnsstuff.com. I don't feel this is an abuse to ask once a day for
their list as I have a subscription on dnsstuff.com.

I am working on a script to look them all on command line and I will
publish it.