Re: [exim] forward messages as attachments?

Author: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: B. Cook
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] forward messages as attachments?
On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 12:39 -0400, B. Cook wrote:
> Is there someway that we can make messages going to aol, be sent as an
> attachment to a pre-written message?

I don't think you want to do this, it will break too many things. you
will have to use an external program in a transport to do it, as Exim
has very little knowledge of MIME.

> Some teachers forward all their mail to aol.com addresses, and when they
> open them, they mark messages as spam that have come from our provider
> which we smarthost through.
>
> This then makes aol think our provider is a spammer; and they call us up
> and yell at us.

we have set aside an extra IP address which we use for forwarded e-mail
which SpamAssassin has found spammy (use the "interface" directive in
your remote smtp transport). at least our main IP won't get blacklisted
so often that way.
--
Kjetil T.