Re: [exim] Folders being created for non-existant accounts

Author: Nigel Wade
To: 'exim users'
Subject: Re: [exim] Folders being created for non-existant accounts
Don O'Neil wrote:
> I have a virtual domain on my system that keeps getting 'accounts' created
> for absolutely no reason. In the virtual users password file there are 3
> accounts, but exim keeps creating & delivering mail to about 20 mailboxes.
>
> Where could exim be getting this information from to create these mailboxes?
> I have deleted the paths for these mailboxes, but as soon as mail comes in
> they are re-created.
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Presumably Exim thinks they are valid recipients, so there must be a
router somewhere within your configuration which is validating them.

Run Exim in debug mode to see what's going on:

exim -d+verify -bv recipient

where recipient is one of the recipients which is accepted but shouldn't
be. The output should tell you which router is accepting and routing the
recipient.

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555