Re: [exim] Mail from localhost

Author: Marco Wessel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mail from localhost

On May 5, 2007, at 5:56 PM, Mordur Ingolfsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to route mail from localhost differently than mail
> from
> other hosts?

Of course.

> I therefore need "outgoing" mail (from localhost) to be sent by a
> router
> to a remote_smtp transport, even if the address is in a domain that
> Exim
> considers to be a local domain.

make a router with something like 'hosts = 127.0.0.1' and stick it
before the router that handles list traffic.

But it sounds like your problem should be handled differently. If I
interpolate correctly, you have Server A with domain A.com, Then you
also have server B which runs the mailing list for A.com, and Server
A routes list traffic to Server B? Usually, Server B would handle
lists.A.com or something like that. Much easier routing. If you need
it like this (and your setup is as I think it is), you could do it
the other way around: have regular routing except for e-mails
matching a domainlist of domains and being received from Server A.