Re: [exim] FW: Mystery Message in Mystery Queue

Author: Eric Goforth
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] FW: Mystery Message in Mystery Queue
Here are my relative entries in exim.conf:

    ignore_bounce_errors_after = 6h
    timeout_frozen_after = 1w

Looking back through the logs, this error has been happening for 3
weeks, on each queue run.

Here is the result of 'mailq' (obviously bounces to spammers):

      5h  1.8K 1Hjaq7-000282-0p <> *** frozen ***
          jthomsonex@???

     3h  3.0K 1Hjcxe-0004xQ-MZ <> *** frozen ***
          fyi9ues@???

     3h  3.1K 1HjdAA-0005Hf-V4 <> *** frozen ***
          ulsk09harxe@???

     8m  3.0K 1Hjfik-0000CS-MN <> *** frozen ***
          4436stocknews@???

Here is the result of "exim -Mrm 1HiwzY-0002VD-GI"

    Spool data file for 1HiwzY-0002VD-GI does not exist
    Continuing, to ensure all files removed
    Spool read error for 1HiwzY-0002VD-GI-H: No such file or
directory
    Continuing to ensure all files removed
    Message 1HiwzY-0002VD-GI has been removed or did not exist

And the entries as of 4 minutes ago in the log:

    2007-05-03 11:18:45 1HjfsW-0000N4-GS == 4108047190@???
R=relay defer (-1): host lookup did not complete
    2007-05-03 11:18:45 1HjfsW-0000N4-GS ** 4108047190@???:
retry timeout exceeded
    2007-05-03 11:18:45 1HjfsW-0000N4-GS 4108047190@???: error
ignored

I suspect that this is a shadow message (probably not the correct term)
from when I manually flushed my exim resolve cache while troubleshooting
an unrelated issue. It started about that timeframe.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it..

Eric