Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data

Author: Philip Hazel
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data
On Tue, 1 May 2007, Sheri wrote:

> BTW, would it be possible to include some options for allocating some
> fixed stack space when configuring under windows (if not disabling stack
> recursion)? I think it involves setting some flags? Or automatically
> doing so with 8 mb (so all the pcretests work?)

Of course I know nothing about Windows, but I very much doubt this is
sensible or workable as a general PCRE thing. In Unix, there's a
function called setrlimit() that sets an upper limit to the stack
(amongst other things) subject to a global maximum. Maybe you can do the
same in Windows, but I do not think this is something that PCRE should
be doing. It's the application that calls PCRE that should be adjusting
its environment.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.