Re: [exim] Easy VERPing with Exim

Author: Roger Keays
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Easy VERPing with Exim

Hi Zbigniew,

> Thanks for the article. I have a question about VERP capabilities as
> described by you. You mention address rewriting. I am interested (but
> little knowledgeable on the subject) if it is possible to rewrite

each > message as sent by mailman so that rcpt to would be not list address
> but the address of the person the message is being sent to (in other
> words personalization). I know I can do it on the mailman level but it
> generates a lot of overhead which I would like to avoid.

Actually, I think the RCPT TO would already be the recipients real
address. A MTA needs the real address to deliver the mail. The address
your recipients see in the mail client is probably from the To: header
in the RFC822 formatted message.

From memory, I don't think you can change the headers of a message
using a router, but I might be wrong.

I've posted your message back to the exim-users list. Perhaps someone
there can help out.

Roger

--
Gecko 26