[exim] Problems with Exim 4.66/SA 3.1.8 Disconnects

Autor: Don O'Neil
A: 'exim users', users
Assumpte: [exim] Problems with Exim 4.66/SA 3.1.8 Disconnects
I am still having problems with the following errors popping up from time to
time:

******************
An error was detected while processing a file of BSMTP input.
The error message was:

421 Lost incoming connection

The SMTP transaction started in line 0.
The error was detected in line 3.
The rest of the batch was abandoned.
421 Lost incoming connection
Transaction started in line 0
Error detected in line 3
******************

I googled the problem and setup a socket for SA to talk to Exim, removed the
bayes autolearn, limited the checks to emails less than 100k, deleted the
bayes token & autolearn files so they would be reasonable in size,
everything I could think of to try to eliminate the problem, and now it's
started popping up again.

I seriously doubt it's a CPU/Memory/Disk issue... The machine is an Athlon
64 X2 5200+ with 4 GB ram, and a drive array that benchmarks out at
78MB/second throughput... The machine regularly runs at <.2 load.

Anyone have any clues as to what is going on here, or if this is a known
problem being fixed on either side? I saw references to earlier versions of
SA and Exim not having this problem, so it seems to be something recently
introduced.