Re: [exim-dev] local_scan() and the fd

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Magnus Holmgren
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] local_scan() and the fd
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> Perhaps the best (or simplest) solution is, after all, to add body_linecount
> and body_zerocount to the API, and make it the responsibility of the
> local_scan() function to update them?

I suppose so, though I do not really want to encourage people to write
to the fd. However, given that they can see these variables anyway, via
the "back door" I suppose it isn't giving away much to put them into the
official API, though it's a bit of work to update the code and the
documentation.

> Isn't it true that all line endings are converted to '\n' on
> reception?

Yes, that's true.

> Whatever the decision, I'd very much appreciate one in the next few days,
> otherwise I'll have to ask Marc Haber to back out the "reduce the dynamic
> symbol table" patch from the "dynamic local_scan" patch.

Well, there won't be another Exim release for some time, given that 4.67
came out last week. But I guess you can patch it. :-)