Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT, APEWS

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT, APEWS
Ian Eiloart wrote:

> --On 24 April 2007 08:50:34 +0800 W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:
>

>> How many spambots are on fixed-IP with proper DNS & PTR RR AND NOT on
>> major RBL's?
>>

> Bill, what does an ACL to make these checks look like?

'An acl' ?

I suppose it is possible to do them all in one go with a series of NOT'ed
conditionals.

But we use *many* (3000+ line configure file with copious comments and
whitespace) so that we can both shed the serious offenders earliest, yet not act
so soon as to be unable to utilize local exeception lists, create undue gried
fro the badly configured, but not malicious far-end.

All of the acl kit is either in the manual, has been posted here (many times) -
or both.

We haven't really invented any *new* ones, though perhaps our 'decision'
combinations are uncommon, e.g. only do callouts when they might provide info we
do not already have a fair degree of certainty about OR will break a tie.

Bill