Re: [exim] Save all email for a domain

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Save all email for a domain
cfaust-dougot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could anyone tell me if its possible (and if so how) to save a copy of every
> incoming and outgoing mail message to another account on the system? For
> legal reasons we have to save a copy of everything, even something that a
> user sent and then deleted himself.
>
> We currently accomplish this using the journal feature of Exchange, is there
> some way to do it with Exim?
>
> TIA! -Chris

Several ways, and an 'account' need not be involved - nor should there be if you
want legal archiving, but not day-to-day snooping.

You may archive all messages - successful or not, or only those which suceeded,
and select for inclusion or exemption on other criteria as well.

Search on 'unseen router' and 'shadow transport' as well as 'manualroute'.

Plenty of examples around, and at least 3 proven ways to do it.

HTH,

Bill