Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data

Author: Bob Rossi
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 10:06:07AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
> > - Add a configure option, say, --alternate-win32-dll-names or something,
> > that would let the build system do everything it does now, and then
> > run a few extra commands (the ones that you sent in basically).
>
> I don't want you to think I'm hassling here - I know how busy people are
> - but is there any progress on this? If not, I would like to start doing
> the final tests etc so that I can release 7.1 in its current state in a
> few days' time. We should then get feedback from a wider audience.
>
> As I understand it, Sheri can work with the current state by running a
> few extra commands manually, so the next development won't be
> incompatible; it will just add a new feature that does the same thing
> automatically. Is that right?

Yes, that is correct. There are 2 known issues from Sheri. Getting a dll
with the name pcre.dll and running the test suite on mingw. As you said,
we should be able to get both of those to work, but there doesn't seem
to be a reason to hold up the release for it.

Last time I tried to build pcre from svn, for some reason it didn't work
on mingw. I had to run ./autogen.sh on cygwin and then configure it on
mingw to get it to work. I'll try again today and let you know.

Bob Rossi