Re: [exim] Converting SRS to Normal

Author: exim-users
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Converting SRS to Normal
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Is there and easy way at the ACL level to change a From address that was
> altered by SRS back to normal?

Assuming you're refering to the envelope sender here, afaik that can
only be changed using return_path in a transport.

Also. There is no general method for "decoding" an email address that
has been modified using srs, as there is no definition in srs of an
encoding method. I could quite legitimately for example come up with a
method that reverses the local_part and then tacks on my own domain
name. Eg:

the.original@???

Converts to:

lanigiro.eht@???

Yes, I'm aware of the flaws in that method, but it's still valid.

Mike