Re: [exim] MX record exists but exim says "HOST_NOT_FOUND"

Author: Toby Chamberlain
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] MX record exists but exim says "HOST_NOT_FOUND"
>>dnslookup router called for toby@localnet
>> domain = localnet
>>DNS lookup of localnet (MX) gave HOST_NOT_FOUND
>>returning DNS_NOMATCH
>><snip>
>>toby@localnet is undeliverable:
>> Unrouteable address

>Hmm, could you try toby@localnet. (with a . at the end)? I think perhaps
>something is >trying to qualify the domain because it consists of a single
>label, and then failing.

I tried with "localnet." but it got "domain missing or malformed"...

However, you're comment about something trying to qualify the domain got me
thinking... so I removed the "search localnet" I have in resolv.conf and it
worked! Thank you very much.

I'm not sure how all the internal DNS looking up is supposed to work, so I
don't know if this should be counted as a bug or not... (although dig and
nslookup being able to find it makes me think it probably should be). For
now I'm just going to put a manual route for "localnet" in hubbed_hosts so I
can keep my "search localnet" in resolv.conf

Again, thank you very much for your time
Toby