Re: [exim] (no subject)

Author: Drav Sloan
To: bali
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] (no subject)
bali wrote:
> The problem I have is that am not receiving any mail from the smarthost but

Smarthosts are generally used for "outbound" and not "incoming" email.

> I am able to send out

Which is what I would expect.

> is there any additional program I must install to
> allow me to get my mail and how do I configure it.

Depends on your ISPs mail delivery process. This could be over SMTP or
you may have to collect it via POP3/IMAP.

> Or does EXIM do this
> without any additional programs?, If so can anyone let me know who to do
> this.

Exim will allow you to recieve mail via SMTP.

> I have no problem with local mail moving between the server and other client
> machines and I also have no trouble sending mail out (for example to
> gmail.com) but I have trouble and cannot receive any mail from outside -

See above.

> Even though the mail is delivered to My smarthost as I receive a notice to
> let me know that it has been 24 hrs and the message sent from the outside
> server has not yet been delivered/collected by my server.

ETRN maybe?

I suggest you look for your ISPs documentation on its mail delivery
process so you have an _actual_ idea of how this mail is to be
"collected"

Regards

Drav.