Re: [exim-dev] [exim-cvs] cvs commit: exim/exim-doc/doc-txt …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] [exim-cvs] cvs commit: exim/exim-doc/doc-txt ChangeLog exim/exim-src/src functions.h globals.c globals.h receive.c smtp_in.c tls-gnu.c tls-openssl.c tls.c exim/exim-test/confs 0559 20
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Tony Finch wrote:

> This is incorrect. RFC 2920 says:
>
>    The actual transfer of message content is explicitly allowed to be
>    the first "command" in a group. That is, a RSET/MAIL FROM sequence
>    used to initiate a new message transaction can be placed in the same
>    group as the final transfer of the headers and body of the previous
>    message.

Oh rats! I'd overlooked that. OK, I'll have to back off some of it, but
I can still catch the case when the client has not sent anything after
the final dot, and the connection has then gone away before the server
can respond. That will catch many (most?) of the common cases.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.