Re: [pcre-dev] how to get pcre-7.0 dll on windows

Top Pagina
Auteur: Bob Rossi
Aan: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
Onderwerp: Re: [pcre-dev] how to get pcre-7.0 dll on windows
On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 10:41:01AM -0400, Sheri wrote:
> Bob Rossi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm attempting to understand how the old dll's were created and how the
> > new ones are. That way, I can see the difference and explain the
> > situation clearly to a 3rd party.
> >
> > However, if I download pcre-7.0 and do
> > $ ../pcre-7.0/configure --prefix=$PWD/../prefix --disable-static
> > --enable-shared
> > it only generates static libraries. Libtool complains that it has to.
> > The output of the make is attached.
> >
> > How did anyone ever build a shared library on windows in the first
> > place?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bob Rossi
> >
> Hi Bob,
>
> Here is my configure and make console (Msys) for 7.0. My configure
> command has some differences from yours, esp. it does not have
> --enable-shared on it. Let me know if you want me to try it specifically
> with your configure options.
>
> FWIW, as I recall when I previously ran those few commands that created
> pcre.dll for 7.1-RC4 after using the new configure and make, it didn't
> work unless I had configured without excluding static. But with 7.0's
> make, it created everything it needed for making pcre.dll and
> pcreposix.dll despite having --disable-static on the configure command.
> I'm sure it has much to do with 7.0's Makefile.in.

This is rather ironic. The entire reason I suggested updated the build
system to use the autotools is because I believed it that pcre-7.0 was
not properly compiling on mingw/cygwin. O well, I suppose it was for
the better anyways. :)

Well, I tried your exact commands with both cygwin and mingw.
With cygwin I get, no .dll's. With mingw I get this build error,
   g++ -c -g -O2 -I. -I../pcre-7.0 -DNEWLINE=-1 -DNO_RECURSE -DSUPPORT_UTF8
   -DSUPPORT_UCP -DPOSIX_MALLOC_T
  HRESHOLD=10 ../pcre-7.0/pcrecpp.cc  -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -o .libs/pcrecpp.o
  In file included from ../pcre-7.0/pcrecpp.cc:45:
  ./pcre_stringpiece.h:45:5: #if with no expression
  ./pcre_stringpiece.h:48:7: #if with no expression
  make: *** [pcrecpp.o] Error 1
which is consistent with what I expected from previous attempts at this.

I got my pcre-7.0 from here,
http://www.pcre.org/
specifically,
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/pcre-7.0.tar.gz

Is that what you are using?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi