Re: [pcre-dev] Problem with "any" newline (and other 7.1 iss…

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: pcre-dev
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] Problem with "any" newline (and other 7.1 issues)
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Sheri wrote:

> However the following magic from the old make file does create a
> pcre.dll like the old one (don't know how the auto-import currently in
> pcreposix affects it). For some reason I can't figure out how to make
> these lines into a script so that all the commands get run (it stops
> after the libtool bit in the second command, which takes a little time
> to complete). But if I paste in the commands to the msys shell and
> execute one after the other, it works.
>
> If you could include such a script (for optional use by msys/mingw
> users) for those of us who prefer the pcre.dll structure we had before,
> I would be most grateful.

While I sympathize, I fear that just including such a thing as an "add
on" extra will lead to trouble later because it won't get updated and
will eventually get out-of-date. (Suppose a new source module is added,
for example.) If we really, really want to support a monolithic library
on Windows - and that's not something I have strong views on because
it's really up to Windows users - then I would support doing it only if
it can be integrated in such a way that it keeps in step with the
default way. For example, by some kind of configure option such as
--windows-enable-monolithic-lib or whatever.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.