Re: [exim] [Exim] Exim listening on port 80

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Exim] Exim listening on port 80
On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 18:31 +0300, Information wrote:
> http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20060410/msg00153.html

And with a flourish, the answer is in the same thread: ta-da!

http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20060410/msg00167.html

It can happen with sendmail & postfix, as far as I can remember. Any
process, in fact, that is exec()'d by Apache can inherit this problem if
the Apache process which spawned the subprocess goes away in the
meantime. I used to see this quite a lot with duff PHP scripts in a
shared hosting environment where Apache got an 'apachectl graceful' once
an hour.

Graeme