Re: [exim] redirect mail (but not ordinary looking email add…

Author: John Burnham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] redirect mail (but not ordinary looking email address)
> Ive got this problem where but im trying to redirect incoming
> mail to a another user.
>
> Ive tried an example from the following link, but alas I cant
> seem to get it to work.
>
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/140
>
> basically I need to redirect an email with the following format to
>
> 12345+bclark-bookings@??? and redirect mail to
> newuser-bookings.
>
> We had a user leave, no now need redirect mail.

Which part of the email address determines where the mail is delivered to ? Are
you using alias files, other forms of lookups ? Does the + or the - indicate a
suffix ? There's not really sufficient information on your set up to be of much
help.
If the user account is still there but disabled, can you just use a forward file
?