Re: [pcre-dev] Problem with "any" newline

Autor: Sheri
A: pcre-dev
Assumpte: Re: [pcre-dev] Problem with "any" newline
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Sheri wrote:
>

>> This seems to be still be a problem:
>> /(?m)^$/<any>
>> abc\r\n\r\n
>>
>> There should be a match at offset 5, reporting "No Match"
>>

> For me, it gives a match. (Using the latest code - should be the same as
> -RC3.)
>

>> Same pattern, adding "g" seems to find two matches, but there is only
>> one empty line.
>>

> At first I thought this was an effect of trying very hard to find a
> match (the final \r\n isn't an internal newline, so try with the \r
> alone), but I'm now not sure. I'll look in more detail later and report
> back.
>
> Philip

Hi Phillip,

I am still having problems with RC4.

My library default newline is any.

C:\pcre71RC4-EXP\build\.libs>pcretest
PCRE version 7.1-RC4 2007-04-04

re> /(?m)^$/g
data> abc\r\n\r\n

0:
0:
data>
re> /(?m)^$/g<any>
data> abc\r\n\r\n

0:
data>

BTW, there are various ".exe" files in my build dir (including a
"pcretest.exe") that are unreasonably small and do not work. The ones in
my .libs dir do work. I don't know if "make check" might be trying to
run the ones in the build dir (current dir while building), but the
"pcretest.exe" there does hang my DOS window if I try to run it.

Regards,
Sheri