Re: [pcre-dev] Mingw Memory mismatch problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bob Rossi
A: pcre-dev
Cc: Brian Dessent
Asunto: Re: [pcre-dev] Mingw Memory mismatch problem
On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 03:58:01PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > I still can't run 'make check', as it hoses my terminal and never
> > returnes. What's up with that?
>
> Have you tried running the tests individually? That is:
>
> ./RunTest

>From the build directory, if I do, ../pcre-7.1-RC4/RunTest, it causes

my terminal to hang.

If I do, PATH=$PWD/../prefix-shared/bin ../pcre-7.1-RC4/RunTest it
still causes my terminal to hang.

I can't even think of a reason that would happen unless RunTest is
spitting out characters that is somehow messing with my terminal.

> > Now, we should probably link that dll to a small program using Visual
> > C++. What would be an easy way to do this? Write a small C program that
> > links to the dll using the import lib?
>
> Well, the pcredemo program gets built already. If you want to try what
> happens after installation, you could try rebuilding that by hand in
> some other directory, as if you were an application developer. :-)

Sheri, would this take you long to try out, or should I do it?

> > One other note, Sheri doesn't seem to like that pcre-7.1 generates 3
> > dll's instead of 1 compared to pcre-7.0. I haven't verified that 7.0
> > generates one, but I'm taking his word for it. I actually prefer the 3
> > dll's as it seems cleaner. For instance, I disable cpp support and I
> > don't use libpcreposix. So I won't need to link that in at all. Either
> > way, depending on what we do, you might want to add something to the
> > ChangeLog or README to describe the change.
>
> I agree with you about three separate libraries - not that it matters to
> me, of course, as a non-Windows user - but it seems "cleaner". You are
> right that I should note this in the docs.
>
> I'll wait for reactions from others before proceeding - and as tomorrow
> is busy for me and then it's Easter, I'll leave this till next Tuesday.
> Then I would like to plough ahead and get a 7.1 release out the door as
> soon as I can. After all, we can always put out more releases when other
> changes are identified.

Sounds great, and I can't wait to incorporate pcre-7.1 instead of the
ugly mess that I have right now.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi