Re: [pcre-dev] Mingw Memory mismatch problem

Autor: Bob Rossi
A: pcre-dev
CC: Brian Dessent
Assumpte: Re: [pcre-dev] Mingw Memory mismatch problem
On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 03:24:32PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
> > An hour!??! Make it 45 minutes!!!
> >
> > Can't wait to test it out. :)
>
> OK, I've put what I have done in
>
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.1-RC4.tar.gz
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.1-RC4.tar.bz2
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.1-RC4.zip
> It builds and passes all the tests on Linux. I am now holding my breath
> and hoping...

That successfully built the pcre shared libraries, and I was able to run
pcretest as described by Sheri. So this fixes the problem. Good job!

I still can't run 'make check', as it hoses my terminal and never
returnes. What's up with that?

Now, we should probably link that dll to a small program using Visual
C++. What would be an easy way to do this? Write a small C program that
links to the dll using the import lib?

One other note, Sheri doesn't seem to like that pcre-7.1 generates 3
dll's instead of 1 compared to pcre-7.0. I haven't verified that 7.0
generates one, but I'm taking his word for it. I actually prefer the 3
dll's as it seems cleaner. For instance, I disable cpp support and I
don't use libpcreposix. So I won't need to link that in at all. Either
way, depending on what we do, you might want to add something to the
ChangeLog or README to describe the change.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi