Re: [pcre-dev] [Mingw-users] pcre

Góra strony
Autor: Bob Rossi
Dla: pcre-dev, MinGW Users List
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] [Mingw-users] pcre
On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 09:58:37AM -0400, Sheri wrote:
> Bob Rossi wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 12:21:49AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
> >
> >> Bob Rossi wrote:
> >>

> >> I noted a few issues with the windows port:
> >>
> >> 1) the posix emulation was linked directly in to the "main" library.
> >> Personally, I preferred for the windows port to be more like the *nix
> >> ones, with separate libraries. So my changes were done with that goal
> >> in mind.
> >>

> > When you build pcre-7.1-rc3 on mingw as a shared library, you currently
> > get,
> >
> > $ ls shared/bin
> > libpcre-0.dll libpcrecpp-0.dll libpcreposix-0.dll pcre-config
> > pcregrep.exe pcretest.exe
> >
> > So, I think that already is doing what you wanted. That's 1 step in the
> > correct direction.
> >

> Natch, we liked it as it was, with pcreposix functions included. Our app
> is a dll plugin for a Windows exe. The plugin lives in an old version of
> Microsoft C++.

Not to trivialize things on your end. But it seems to me that have
multiple dll's is a very simple solution, that allows some people to
have a small set of the pcre functionality, or a large set. I think it
makes sense to do things this way.

Why would having multiple dll's make your installation harder? You would
only need to pass along a few more dll's, wouldn't you?

Bob Rossi