Re: [pcre-dev] Mingw Memory mismatch problem

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Bob Rossi
CC: pcre-dev, Brian Dessent
Onderwerp: Re: [pcre-dev] Mingw Memory mismatch problem
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Bob Rossi wrote:

> OK, so Philip, this approach may not work when users use this DLL with a
> msft tool chain. It also may. :)

Overnight I had the same thought.

> So, either, in future releases we get the declspec correct (leave that
> to someone that knows what they are doing and wants the functionality?)
> or we tell them to use the CMake support.

The problem with this is that it worked for DLLs with 7.0. I'd rather
not downgrade the functionality. We know people like Sheri rely on it.

I think we should try to get the declspec correct. Brian said this:

> I think there really needs to be three use cases differentiated:
>
> pcre_global.c: dllexport (and without the double declaration in pcre.h)
> other libpcre internal modules: extern
> client code that includes pcre.h: dllimport

I will work on this shortly and with luck produce -RC4 in a few hours
time for you to try. I will, of course, have made sure that it works on
Linux.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.