Re: [pcre-dev] Testing CMake

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Daniel Richard G.
CC: pcre-dev
Onderwerp: Re: [pcre-dev] Testing CMake
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007, Daniel Richard G. wrote:

> Thanks for giving it a test run! I didn't think you were interested in
> trying it yourself.

I don't like to distribute anything that I haven't at least made some
attempt to test, if it's possible in my environment.

> So the ANSI-colorified build messages didn't do anything for you? :-)

Apart from making me nearly throw up... :-) (I find it hard to read
certain colours of text on the screen. Possibly because I set my
background to non-quite-white to avoid too much glare.)

> I found a better approach, that involves writing out a CTestCustom.ctest
> file containing e.g.
>
>    # This is a generated file.
>    SET(ENV{srcdir} /tmp/pcre-7.1-RC4)

> This will work equally well on Windows (i.e. where no /bin/sh is
> available), and can be more easily expanded to include more variables.

Cool.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.