Re: [pcre-dev] A test for the memory mismatch problem

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: pcre-dev
Oggetto: Re: [pcre-dev] A test for the memory mismatch problem
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Sheri wrote:

> I think you should look at this
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235460(vs.80).aspx

Instead, I asked my son, who asked his work colleague, who came up with
some stuff that I'm about to investigate. But thanks for that link; I'll
try it if necessary.

> Concerning a windows expert, who put together the windows/msys part of
> the original makefile process? Maybe there is a good reason it doesn't
> use libtool?

Nobody really put it together. Over the years, people sent me patches to
the Makefile, and I just put them in. It's an accretion of stuff from
different people who knew different things. And it doesn't always work.
That's why Bob (who had sent Yet Another Patch) said "why don't we re-do
all this using tools that handle the different platforms
automatically?".

> Also, when comparing the .libs dir created by my hodgepodge make vs one
> from the new make, I see pcre.dll-def (nothing similar in the new style
> .libs). This is the content of pcre.dll-def (look esp. at pcre_malloc
> and pcre_free) and this file is utilized in the part of the makefile
> that produces pcre.dll.

*That* may well be relevant. I see that there is a file called pcre.def
in the current distribution containing the same as yours except for
those names beginning with underscore (which should not be generally
exported). Maybe it isn't getting used properly in the new regime?

Maybe it isn't getting included in the build? I'll check that too.
More later.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.