[exim] Maildir Naming Format

Author: Matt
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Maildir Naming Format
We are using Directadmin which uses Exim and Dovecot with Maildir format.
When messages are saved to the users Maildir folders some are saved to
"Maildir/new" while others tagged as spam are saved to
"Maildir/.INBOX.spam/new". Then whenever email is checked by IMAP or POP3
via Dovecot the ones viewed in one way or another are moved from "/new/" to
"/cur?".

I basically have scripts that look at these SPAM messages and send daily
reports. I also move SPAM messages over 2 weeks old to a quarantine folder.
Problem is that I must look inside the messages to get an accurate date.
The date they are saved to disk can also be the date they moved from new to
cur directories.

Is there anyway to get Exim to save Maildir messages in a format like so:

year_month_day_time_random_string

That way I could get the accurate date and time without looking inside the
file. Save many CPU cycles.

Thanks.

Matt