Re: [pcre-dev] A test for the memory mismatch problem

Autor: Sheri
A: pcre-dev
Assumpte: Re: [pcre-dev] A test for the memory mismatch problem
Hi Philip,

I think you should look at this
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235460(vs.80).aspx

Although it is talking about use of microsoft's products, I'm sure the
shared/dll concept is the same when a dll is created with libtool.

The linking that occured in the old-style make somehow addresses the
issue (at least with respect to pcretest.exe, the way I create it)

I have now succeeded in building a working RC3 using the old-style make.
This is how I did it:

1. Ran my configure command with all my usual options in pcre-7.0.
2. Ran same configure command in pcre-7.1-RC3
3. copied makefile and makefile.in from pcre-7.0 to pcre-7.1-RC3
4. edited both of the above to change ucptable.c to ucptable.h
5. ran make in pcre-7.1-RC3. There were numerous warnings about various
things that were already defined. But nothing fatal happened before the
dll was produced. In fact, I think I got all the shared and static
libraries (despite having asked only for shared, and no cpp.)
6.Created pcretest.exe manually, and ran RunTest.bat; everything
compared favorably except french locale. It has the "no match" issue
with my "any" newline test case.

If that microsoft page is meaningful to you, maybe the solution will
become apparent, as to how you could modify pcretest to call the library
for all needed memory functions (without passing pointers, etc.)

I will try your pcre_compile mod later though, if after viewing the
microsoft page you still think it would be helpful.

Concerning a windows expert, who put together the windows/msys part of
the original makefile process? Maybe there is a good reason it doesn't
use libtool?

Also, when comparing the .libs dir created by my hodgepodge make vs one
from the new make, I see pcre.dll-def (nothing similar in the new style
.libs). This is the content of pcre.dll-def (look esp. at pcre_malloc
and pcre_free) and this file is utilized in the part of the makefile
that produces pcre.dll.

EXPORTS
    _pcre_OP_lengths @1 DATA
    _pcre_default_tables @2 DATA