Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG

Jeremy Harris wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> Trying to figure out who these people are Who is APEWS.ORG? They claim
>> to be a blocklist provider to block spam but they are blocking spam
>> filtering services. They also seem to be hiding who is behind it. Who
>> are they?
>>

> Like SPEWS before them, they're staying anonymous to avoid being sued.
>

>> Is this some fake front for uceprotect?
>>

> Not that I've seen any signs of.
>
> If you don't like their service, like all DNSBLs, don't use it.
>
> - Jeremy

Seems like there is a connection. I found this on a Google search.

OK... Here is the info you need:

There is no-one here who can remove your IP addresses from *any*
block list. Coming to your specific problem, APEWS is a blacklist
set up in January 2007 by a group of German/Austrian gay-porn gang
(see below). The same people also operate the uceprotect email
block list at http://www.uceprotect.net. One of the managers is
named: Johann Steigenberger. You can email him at:
j.steigenberger@??? .
Failing that, you can try any or all of these email addresses:

postmaster@??? / postmaster@???
abuse@??? / abuse@???
ich-sperr-mich-selbst@???
office@???
Goody666@???
germany@???
smartboys@???
allgaychat@???
(admins.ws is the parent company of apews/uceprotect -
see the copyright mark at the bottom of
http://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php)

You can phone or fax them at these numbers:

Tel: +49 1805 - 22909000
Tel: +49 9921 - 960888
Fax: +49 1805 - 22909005

Their office is located at:

Admins WS
Rodenstocksiedlung 4
Regen, Bayern 94209
Germany

Their opening hours are (Germany is GMT +2)
Mon-Thu 09:00-13:00 & 14:00-18:00
Fri: 09:00-13:00

If they tell you on the phone or by email that they have no
relation to apews, tell them that you were sent from NANAE and
to stop lying.

apews/uceprotect/admins.ws operates 2 GAY SITES at smartboys.de
and allgaychat.net/allgaychat.de (view the source to see the
hidden @admins.ws emails at the bottom of their home pages).

So, if you are gay or if you tell them that you are gay even if
you are not(!), you may find apews more helpful to your cause.

Good luck!