[exim] Exim Implementation

Author: kamran arshad
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim Implementation
Hi,

I want to Implement mail solution for our organization. We are providing internal mail service to our organization. I have done the test installation of Exim on FreeBSD and it is working. For PoP3 I have installed tpop3d. Now the issue is that I want to implement no domain as we are not on Internet rather our own private network and it is divided into regions. To implement regional mail servers, I know we can relay mail using the domain architecture, but is there any way to relay mails using the user part of email. Say abc_newyark@def (Where def is machine name or hostname of the server) now a mail comes with def_newyark@def the mail server will treat it as local mail deliver it using the local transport. Say if a mail comes for bnm_chicago@abc ( where abc is the hostname of the machine which is in other region) can the relaying done on this basis. If so then how?

Kamran Arshad

Network Engineer

Signals R&D Establishment Military College Signals.

Adayala Road, Rawalpindi Pakistan

Cell No. +92-333-515-5857

Looking for earth-friendly autos?