Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with

Autor: Sheri
A: pcre-dev
Assumptes nous: [pcre-dev] A test for the memory mismatch problem
Assumpte: Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with
Philip Hazel wrote:
> I replied offlist, but I might as well say it again here: It seems
> inevitable that some of these tests won't agree because different
> systems seem to have different ideas about character properties in the
> French (and no doubt other) locales. For example, your tests show that
> your environment thinks characters with hex codes 83, 8a, 8c, 9a, 9c,
> 9e, 9f are "word" characters in your french locale. These characters are
> control characters in ISO 8859-1 and Unicode, and therefore not "word"
> characters in my fr_FR locale.
>

>> If there is any way the locale "french" could be used for testing on
>> Windows, that would be desirable, as most people think this feature is
>> simply not compatible with Windows.
>>

> Do people actually use locales on Windows? I mean specifically for
> character codes? (Not for things like whether to use . or , as a decimal
> point.) I thought there was a trend towards using Unicode for
> everything, thereby bypassing the locale problems.

Yes, well I was somewhat alarmed after I notified my colleague that I
got locality tests to work in pcre 7.0, that he almost instantly
modified our program to use substitute tables built from user's current
locale. There is an international following for powerpro, so he thought
this would be desirable. I told him he could probably fix it so that
regular expressions can't easily be shared, and the scripts we write for
PowerPro (the application for which our program is a plugin) might end
up working for some users and not for others. How non-Windows users
utilize localities?
>> Endeavored to create a 7.1RC3 by copying new source files from 7.1RC3 to
>> 7.0. This time I renamed a few RC3 files first.
>> renamed pcre.h.in to pcre.h
>> renamed ucptable.h to ucptable.c
>>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> That, I think, is the mistake! The references to ucptable.c were also
> changed.
>

>> ./pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c:48:54: ucptable.h: No such file or directory
>>

> Rename it back to ucptable.h and try again.

Still have not been successful. Have tried a variety of things:
ucptable.h and no ucptable.c; ucptable.h and upcptable.c; configuring
with no ucp support; configuring with no ucp support and no utf8
support. Running the old make still isn't writing out a pcre.dll into
.libs before going south.

Regards,
Sheri