[pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC3 for you to play with

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: pcre-dev
Assumptes vells: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with
Assumptes nous: Re: [pcre-dev] Replies to many, again
Assumpte: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC3 for you to play with
I have just put a third release candidate for 7.1 in

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.1-RC3.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.1-RC3.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.1-RC3.zip

There are also detached signatures in that directory, should you want to
check them.

The following changes have happened since -RC2:

 1. Fixed a newly-reported bug: the pattern ^$ in multiline mode with
    newline=any matched between a CR and a LF. This seemed wrong; it now
    takes the longer sequence (CRLF) as indicating the newline.

 2. I have separated out the pcregrep tests that involve newline
    changes; this will make it easier to cut them out or modify them for
    different environments if we need to do that later.

3. Fixed the missing $(srcdir) for pcre_chartables.dist references.

 4. Reworded the comments about Windows in the NON-UNIX-USE file, along
    the lines suggested by Bob Rossi. Thanks, Bob! Please check that I
    haven't said anything stupid.

 5. Changed the diff options in RunGrepTest from -u to -ub. On Linux,
    this makes it not show a difference between lines ending in LF and
    CRLF. I'm hoping this might work in Windows too.

 6. The new RC was built using "make distcheck", and I've incorporated
    that into my procedure for building a release.

 7. I renamed makevp-{compile,linklib}.txt as makevp-{c,l}.txt, as
    requested.

 8. I have removed the files that are generated by the Autotools from
    the SVN repository. Please say if I've missed any.

 9. Daniel complained that autogen.sh in the repository was not marked
    as executable. I don't know either how to check this, nor how to to
    change it! The file is executable in my local copy.

10. I have *not* changed either the COPYING or the LICENCE files - I'm
    waiting to see if anyone other than Daniel comments.

How close are we now? What now needs doing before a real 7.1 release? I
have the following:

. Cmake support: Daniel said he'd post some patches, but I haven't seen
anything yet.

. ... and, of course, any comments that come back on the -RC3
distribution.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.