Re: [exim] authentication

Autor: Marco Wessel
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] authentication

On Mar 25, 2007, at 7:05 PM, Michael Rouba wrote:

> I have set an Asterix in dc_relay_nets, couse i don't want the clients
> be authenticated, that was miss understandable how i wrote it, i want
> the users be authenticated.

I hope that machine isn't internet-connected, because now it's an
open relay.

> In short: Now the server accepts even mail from clients, when the
> users
> are not sending an authentication (login and password). What i
> want, is
> the relay permissions by user-authentication, not by host/net
> ip-authentication.

What, exactly, is the difference between a client and a user? Remove
the asterisk, make sure dc_relay_nets is empty and make sure that the
authenticators at the end of the config file aren't commented out.
Then your server will only accept authenticated clients for relaying.