Re: [exim] Closing the open relay

Author: Marco Wessel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Closing the open relay

On Mar 24, 2007, at 3:54 PM, Marcel Ferrante wrote:

> Thanks Marco, in fact, I did this tests because some clients are
> saying that
> some emails are not arriving or not sending. For example, my server
> was with
> a problem postmaker error and some host wasnt accepting the messages,
> because they are considering my server insecury.
> How I test if my server is configure right, or what do I have to do
> to fix
> this problems ?

I don't know exactly. From the log you pasted, it seemed like replies
from your exim were reaching the server doing the testing out of
order: it got an RSET reply before it showed the RSET. That means
that either something is wrong in the tester, or it's pipelining and
packets are being flipped around (which should be impossible, but
stranger things have happened.) Obviously exim can't be sending a
'reset ok' before getting an RSET.

> Others clients are saying the emails are taking to much time to
> arrive.
> There is some configuration that higher the frequency to get emails ?

How much time does an e-mail take to arrive? Where is it getting stuck?

Again, what server is this and what domains does it handle? Your log
says sitelegal.com, but looking up MXes for that gets me 'dev.null.',
and trying it with smtp doesn't get me anywhere either.