Re: [exim] adding a header to a message in an ACL, even whe…

Author: Dave Pooser
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] adding a header to a message in an ACL, even when the condition defers
Way back in December Josip Rodin wrote:

> FWIW, I ended up doing
>
>   warn set acl_m2 = failedordeferred
>        verify = sender/callout=60s
>        set acl_m2 = ok
>   warn !verify = sender/callout=60s
>        set acl_m3 = $sender_verify_failure $acl_verify_message
>   accept condition = ${if and{ {eq{$acl_m2}{failedordeferred}}{!eq{$acl_m3}{}}
> } {true}{false}}
>          add_header = X-Exim-ACL-envelope-sender-verify: failed - $acl_m3
>   accept condition = ${if and{ {eq{$acl_m2}{failedordeferred}}{eq{$acl_m3}{}}
> } {true}{false}}
>          add_header = X-Exim-ACL-envelope-sender-verify: deferred

> It's really not pretty, but it works.

In this case does Exim make two callouts per message or only one? I'm
undecided whether I want to continue using callouts-- I've seen some strong
arguments against them that have me halfway persuaded-- but I'm POSITIVE I
don't want to double the number of callouts I make. But it would be nice to
have my ACLs differentiate between a successful verification, a defer (I'd
like to add a header to bump up the SpamAssassin score), and a failure
(where I'd like to continue doing hard rejects).
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com