Re: [exim] How to Unfold Subject Line ?

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to Unfold Subject Line ?
Sorry for taking such a long time, but you should have posted your followup to
the list.

On Friday 16 March 2007 13:35, you stated the following:
> > I think what you need is an expression like this:
> >
> > ${sg {$rh_Subject:}{\\n([ \\t])}{\$1}}
>
> Thanks for the reg exp.
>
> > because headers add doesn't process or encode the header at all.
>
> I'm still stumped. WHere do I put the reg exp ?

In the first headers add command in the system filter. That was my plan at
least. So:

if first_delivery
then
        headers add "Old-Subject: ${sg {$rh_Subject:}{\\n([ \\t])}{\$1}}"
        headers remove "Subject"
        headers add "Subject: $rh_old-subject:"
        headers remove "Old-Subject"
endif

> I know sg is an Exim command, and I've used it in ACL statements before.
> However I don't think that's the proper place or even if I have a
> replace
> command in ACL.
>
> The Header Rewrite on a transport would seem to be the place to go.

headers_rewrite is completely different - it rewrites addresses in From, To,
etc.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)