[exim] ClamAV and Spamassassin

Author: David Snowden
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] ClamAV and Spamassassin
Hello,

I am looking at adding the Sanesecurity signatures to ClamAV
(http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/), but I want the detection of such
signatures to increase the SpamAssassin score rather than for Exim to reject
the message at the DATA ACL stage (which is what happens for the basic
ClamAV signatures).

I thought it might be possible to use an "add_header" in the ACL
prior to the point where SpamAssassin is invoked, but on reading the
manual it appears that the header does not actually get added until *after*
the ACL, and this would certainly explain why the rule I added to
SpamAssassin does not seem to be firing.

So, I'm looking for some advice on other ways of achieving the same effect.
At one extreme I could reject *all* ClamAV signature matches, but the
feeling on the uk-mail-managers mailing list is that it is better just to
tag messages that match the Sanescurity signatures.

For the record, I'm using Exim 4.66, SpamAssassin 3.1.7a and
ClamAV 0.90.1.

Thanks,

Dave