Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with

Top Pagina
Auteur: Bob Rossi
Aan: pcre-dev
Onderwerp: Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with
On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 11:46:37AM -0400, Sheri wrote:
> Philip Hazel wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Sheri wrote:
> >> creating pcredemo.exe
> >> make[2]: Leaving directory `/C/pcre-7.1-RC2'
> >> make[1]: Leaving directory `/C/pcre-7.1-RC2'
> >> make check-TESTS
> >> make[1]: Entering directory `/C/pcre-7.1-RC2'
> >> make[1]: *** [check-TESTS] Interrupt
> >> make: *** [check-am] Interrupt
> >>
> >> Unless I resolve this, I will send my testoutput files. To get them, I
> >> put the libraries, pcretest.exe and the testdata dir into a directory
> >> and ran RunTest.bat there.
> >>

> > Can't help you, I'm afraid. I live in a Unixy world (never ever used
> > Windows).
> >
> Hope you can help with the "make check" problem. Msys is Unixy world on
> Windows :)

Yes, I also had this hanging problem. I thought it was something wrong
with my setup, so didn't mention it. Essentially, I use Kpym,
http://www.kpym.com/en/Overview.htm, to ssh into the windows box.
Then I run msys's bash from the cmd shell.

When I run 'make check' it effects my terminal somehow cause it seems
to resize. Then I kill it with ^c, and the terminal is in an odd state.
I have to kill it and start over.

I thought maybe 'make check' was writing some bad data to stdout, which
the terminal was receiving, but, when I did 'make check > out.txt 2>&1'
it didn't help. So, this could be the same problem...

> >> BTW, the dll libraries get different names out of 7.2 RC2 than 7.0 and
> >> 6.7 (configured in msys). I am accustomed to seeing "pcre.dll" and
> >> "pcreposix.dll". With 7.2 RC2 I am getting libpcre-0.dll and
> >> libpcreposix-0.dll.
> >>

> > Can't help there either, but maybe someone else on this list can.
> >
> Yes I hope so. Also have another issue. I was previously able (when
> making pcre 6.7 and 7.0) to include a .coff file (produced with windres
> from a pcre.rc file I created) in Makefile.in so that the pcre.dll file
> contained version and copyright info. Linking with the .coff file makes
> the dll library display version info when mouse-hovered in Windows
> explorer, and show more detailed info in file properties.
>
> The .coff file went here (in the old Makefile.in). There is no such
> thing in the new Makefile.in.
>
> This naming issue is probably the reason the .exe files wouldn't get
> made in the old versions.
>
> Don't know where to put the coff file reference in the new Makefile.in.
> Suspect if I copied the info below into 7.2RC2's Makefile.in I might get
> a library named pcre.dll, though.
>
> # Some Windows-specific targets for MinGW. Do not use for Cygwin.
>
> winshared : .libs/@WIN_PREFIX@??? .libs/@WIN_PREFIX@??? \
>         .libs/@WIN_PREFIX@???

> .libs/@WIN_PREFIX@??? : libpcre.la
>     $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -shared -o $@ pcre.coff\
>     -Wl,--whole-archive .libs/libpcre.a \
>     -Wl,--out-implib,.libs/libpcre.dll.a \
>     -Wl,--output-def,.libs/@WIN_PREFIX@??? \
>     -Wl,--export-all-symbols \
>     -Wl,--no-whole-archive
>     sed -e "s#dlname=''#dlname='../bin/@WIN_PREFIX@???'#" \
>     -e "s#library_names=''#library_names='libpcre.dll.a'#" \
>     < .libs/libpcre.lai > .libs/libpcre.lai.tmp && \
>     mv -f .libs/libpcre.lai.tmp .libs/libpcre.lai
>     sed -e "s#dlname=''#dlname='../bin/@WIN_PREFIX@???'#" \
>     -e "s#library_names=''#library_names='libpcre.dll.a'#" \
>     < libpcre.la > libpcre.la.tmp && \
>     mv -f libpcre.la.tmp libpcre.la

This was definately lost. What is the exact command that you need to be
run to generate the .coff file? If you tell us this, we can probably
have automake do this for you automatically.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi