Re: [exim] dovecot authenticator and exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Richard P. Welty
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] dovecot authenticator and exim
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Richard P. Welty wrote:

> auth-client isn't even there, and i'm having trouble figuring
> out the dovecot configs. the format for dovecot.conf documentation
> is a bit opaque, and looks out of date. oh well, time to root
> around in google some more.

I find this in my /etc/dovecot.conf, immediately after a similar
commented out example:

# This was set up by PH for testing

auth default_with_listener {
  mechanisms = plain
  passdb pam {
    args = "*"
  }
  userdb passwd {
  }
  socket listen {
    master {
      path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      # WARNING: Giving untrusted users access to master socket may be a
      # security risk, don't give too wide permissions to it!
      #mode = 0600
      # Default user/group is the one who started dovecot-auth (root)
      #user =
      #group =
    }
    client {
      path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
      mode = 0666
    }
  }
}

I suggest you search your conf for default_with_listener.