Re: [exim] $sender_address is empty when debug

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Kunio
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] $sender_address is empty when debug
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Kunio wrote:

> Why $sender_address is empty when debugging?
> Is the debugging option insufficient?
> Please teach me what is bad and how to debug this router.
>

> My router setting is as follows.
> fw_aliases:
> driver = redirect
> allow_filter
> condition = ${if eq{$sender_address}{test@???}}
> file = /usr/local/exim/fw.from
> user = exim
>
> and run
> # /usr/local/exim/bin/exim -bh 210.33.xx.xx -d+route+expand
>    :
>    :
> mail from:test@???
> rcpt to:hogehoge@???
>    :
>    :
> check verify = sender
> --------> fw_aliases router <--------
> local_part=test domain=example.jp
> checking "condition"
> expanding: $sender_address
>    result:                        <------ empty!!

The reason it is empty is that the sender address has not yet been
accepted. Exim is in the process of verifying the sender in order to
decide whether to accept it. So at this stage, there is no sender
address.

You probably need to add

verify_sender = no

to this router so that it is skipped when verifying sender addresses.