Re: [exim] pipe transport... or similar

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] pipe transport... or similar
Tom Bombadil wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> This is weird... can I somehow use any existing transport to execute
> dspam command to retrain a msg? The catch is... without really piping
> the msg through dspam
>
> Basically, the msg was already filtered, and dspam added a header with
> the signature of the msg. Now I just want to execute the command:
>
> dspam --user $local_part@$domain --class=spam
> --signature=$header_X-DSPAM-Signature
>
> But I dont want to pipe a 50MB msg through it for example.
>
> Thanks for any hint.

Not (directly) tested, but we write stuff into paniclog and INSERT into SQL all
the time, so I thing all you have to do is either write it directly and pick it
up later with a bit of shell, ELSE parse the header into an acl_m(n) variable
and write it from there.

Should be lots of examples on getting parts of headers it into variables or
feeding them to pipes. In this case one presumes you want all, or most, of the
header, plus or minus some other prefix/suffiix stuff, so, seems do-able.

HTH,

Bill